GPCA Southeast Asia Members Program & Reception
22 September 2022
Marina Bay Sands Convention Center
GPCA hosted a special program for GPCA Members and invited institutional investors on 22 September, 2022 at Marina Bay Sands Singapore, convening more than a hundred GPCA Members and invited guests from the investment community and government.
Key takeaways from the panel discussion in partnership with the Institutional Limited Partners Association (ILPA) with insights from LPs include:
- LPs are still looking for opportunities but cautiously navigating macro headwinds.
- Key focus areas for LPs include staying diversified, refreshing manager selections and sharpening scenario analysis for five years out.
- Investors are targeting cutting-edge technology to meet sustainability goals.
- “In China, For China” investing continues, with activity on pause otherwise.
Key takeaways from the panel discussion on the biggest opportunities for private capital in Southeast Asia:
- The attractive macro environment continues to attract foreign investments, and the region is less affected by the rising interest rate environment in developed markets.
- Though open and market-driven policies are welcoming new talent, the talent pool remains shallow in tech and science sectors.
- Investors note the rising adoption of digital services and electric vehicles as tech investment reaches record levels in the region.
Asia Research Director Ethan Koh provided the latest fundraising and investment trends in Asia. GPCA Members can reach out at email@example.com for a copy of the presentation slides.
The meeting was followed by a hundred-person VIP stakeholder reception at the iconic rooftop lounge at CÉ LA VI.