Actis and Mesoamerica to Sell Globeleq Mesoamerica Energy to SunEdison (Latin America)

Source: Actis, SunEdison

Actis, a pan-emerging markets private equity firm, and Mesoamerica, an investment and advisory firm focused on Spanish-speaking Latin America, have agreed to sell their combined 100 percent stake in Costa Rica-based wind and solar energy company Globeleq Mesoamerica Energy (GME) to global renewable energy company SunEdison. Actis will sell its 70 percent holding in the company, while Mesoamerica will sell the remaining 30 percent. GME’s assets include four wind power plants with a capacity of 243 megawatts (MW) and a solar plant with a capacity of 82 MW located in Costa Rica, Honduras and Nicaragua. The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals, third-party consents and customary closing conditions, and is expected to close in the third quarter of 2015. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.