Actis Invests US$290 Million in Chilean Wind and Solar Energy Project (Latin America)

Source: Actis

Africa, Asia and Latin America-focused private equity firm Actis has invested US$290 million for a 60 percent stake in Aela Energía, a Chilean wind and solar energy provider. Mainstream Renewable Power, a global wind and solar energy developer, invested alongside Actis and will own the remaining 40 percent stake in the company. Aela Energía intends to expand Chile’s renewable energy capacity by 3.6 percent and provide power for more than 131,000 homes.