Apollo Global Management and EBRD to Acquire Slovenia-based Bank Nova KBM (CEE and CIS)

Source: Apollo Global Management, EBRD, Slovenian Sovereign Holding

Global alternative investment manager Apollo Global Management and development finance institution European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) have signed an agreement to acquire 100 percent of Slovenia-based bank Nova KBM (NKBM) from the Republic of Slovenia. Apollo will purchase an 80 percent stake in the company, while EBRD will purchase the remaining 20 percent. The transaction values NKBM at EUR250 million (approximately US$277 million). NKBM, previously a fully state-owned entity, had been undergoing a privatization process managed by Slovenian Sovereign Holding, a public limited company owned by the Republic of Slovenia.