Mitsubishi to Control Grain Company Los Grobo Ceagro do Brasil (Latin America)

Source: Reuters, O Estado de São Paulo  |  Authors: Kanika Sikka, Caroline Stauffer

Brazilian private equity firm Vinci Partners and Argentine agribusiness group Los Grobo have sold their 60 percent stake in Brazilian grain company Los Grobo Ceagro do Brasil to Japanese conglomerate Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi previously acquired a 20 percent stake in Ceagro in January 2012, resulting in a total ownership stake of 80 percent. The remaining 20 percent stake is owned by Ceagro’s founder, Paulo Fachin. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.