OPIC Board Approves over US$600 Million in New Commitments to Private Equity (Pan-Emerging Markets)
The Board of Directors of U.S. development finance institution Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) has approved over US$600 million in financing for private equity funds investing in Latin America, Africa, Eastern Europe and Southeast Asia. OPIC’s recently announced commitments include:
- US$185 million for the Tacna and Panamerica solar power projects in Peru, to be developed by Conduit Capital Partners, an investment firm focused on the electric power industry in Latin America;
- US$125 million for TPG Alternative & Renewable Technologies Partners, a fund that will invest in companies bringing renewable energy technologies to Latin America and Southeast Asia;
- US$50 million for U.S.-based private equity firm Global Environment Fund’s GEF Africa Growth Fund, which will target investments in energy infrastructure, clean technology and sustainable forestry and agriculture;
- US$75 million for Austria-based Mezzanine Management Central Europe’s Accession Mezzanine Capital III, a fund providing mezzanine debt financing in Central and Eastern Europe;
- US$100 million for the Actis Africa Real Estate Fund 2, which will invest in commercial real estate in Sub-Saharan Africa; and,
- US$66 million for DGF Capital III, a growth capital fund managed by DGF Investimentos targeting small and medium-sized enterprises in Brazil.