The Carlyle Group to Acquire Controlling Stake in Tok&Stok (Latin America)

Source: The Carlyle Group

The Carlyle Group has acquired 60 percent of Brazilian furniture retailer Tok&Stok from the company’s founders, Ghislaine and Régis Dubrule, who will retain the remaining 40 percent. Funding for the transaction will come from the US$1 billion pool of capital managed by Carlyle’s South America Buyout Fund and Fundo Brasil de Internacionalização de Empresas FIP, a fund advised by Carlyle and Banco do Brasil. The value of the transaction was not disclosed.