EM PE Week in London 2012 • Private Equity in Emerging Markets • Private Equity in Africa • EMPEA’s Fundraising Masterclass
Private Equity in Emerging Markets 2012
On 23 October 2012, EMPEA and FT Business were delighted to welcome over 325 industry leaders to Private Equity in Emerging Markets 2012 to discuss creating value and generating returns in the current emerging markets private equity landscape. Delegates gathered for EM PE Week in London from over 30 countries around the world and represented the full spectrum of industry players, including fund managers, institutional investors and government leaders.
Hear what the industry’s leaders had to say about the current state of emerging markets private equity and Private Equity in Emerging Markets 2012…
Over 170 LPs attended EM PE Week, including representatives from…
- Barclays Pension Fund
- British Steel Pension Fund
- Eskom Pension and Provident Fund
- Oxford University Endowment Management
- Paris Orleans (Rothschild)
- Stanford Management Company
- University of Texas Investment Management Company (UTIMCO)
- Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS)
- And more!
John Powers, President and CEO of Stanford Management Company, kicked off the day-long summit offering insight into how emerging markets private equity fits into institutional investors’ long-term strategy. The program continued with panel sessions, keynote addresses and interviews examining a wide array of topics from mitigating risk in an emerging markets portfolio to the economic benefits of impact investing.
The room was abuzz with a wide range of perspectives on private equity opportunities in the high growth markets of Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa and Emerging Europe. Portfolio company CEOs shared their perspectives on the value of private equity partnerships—“private equity pushes you to constantly up the ante,” posited one CEO. In the day’s afternoon keynote address, Rachel Ziemba, Director of EEMEA and Global Macroeconomics at Roubini Global Economics, shared a more macro view of the Eurozone crisis and its effects on emerging markets private equity.
EMPEA Research Referenced at the Summit
- EMPEA Guidelines – The EMPEA Guidelines identify for policymakers and regulators the elements of legal and tax regimes most critical to the development of private equity.
- EM PE Industry Statistics – Q3 2012 – EMPEA’s latest emerging markets private equity fundraising and investment statistics.
- EMPEA Brief: European Bank Deleveraging: Opportunities and Challenges for EM PE Investors – This EMPEA Brief explores the impact of European bank deleveraging on the emerging markets, with a view toward identifying the opportunities and challenges the process presents to private equity investors.
Register today! Private Equity in Emerging Markets 2013
15 October 2013 | London
Register today for the next Private Equity in Emerging Markets, coming to London this October. Learn more »