New York | Singapore
The Global Private Capital Association, which was founded as the Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA) in 2004, is a non-profit, independent membership organization representing private capital investors who manage more than USD2t in assets across Asia, Latin America, Africa, Central & Eastern Europe and the Middle East. United by a long-term investment approach, our members are fund and institutional investors including private equity, growth equity, venture capital, private credit, real assets, pension plans and sovereign wealth funds, among others.
Our mission is to connect and influence key market participants, promoting the sectors, strategies and deals that will drive investment returns and meet societal needs. A cornerstone of GPCA’s work is generating proprietary data, intelligence and deal cases to drive transparency and showcase innovation from across global markets.
With headquarters in New York and Singapore, GPCA includes LAVCA, the Association for Private Capital Investment in Latin America, which operates as a parallel membership organization with its own dedicated team and board.
Job Title & Location:
Research Analyst – India
New York or Singapore
Salary & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience
100% company-paid medical and dental insurance
4 weeks of paid vacation
401k retirement plan or CPF contribution
GPCA is seeking an entry-level full-time India-focused Research Analyst to support its efforts to produce industry data, in-depth reports and presentations for members and related stakeholders. GPCA’s research content is widely used by its members and other industry professionals for global comparative analysis of private equity, venture capital, private credit and real assets/infrastructure investment flows. GPCA’s data and reports are disseminated in the market via proprietary publications, media coverage, conferences/events and GlobalPrivateCapital.org.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated, high-energy team of individuals with an outstanding track record. The culture is supportive and team-oriented, but in common with the industry that the team serves, standards are extremely high and excellence is a daily requirement rather than the exception.
The Research Analyst’s primary responsibility will be helping to build GPCA’s proprietary database of investors, funds and transactions by:
- Systematically collecting quantitative and qualitative information on private capital activity in India and the Asia-Pacific region through both third-party sources and direct communication with GPCA members and other industry stakeholders
- Interpreting and entering this information in GPCA’s proprietary database and knowledge management systems
- Cultivating relationships with GPCA member firms and other industry stakeholders to support direct data collection efforts
- Producing quantitative analysis and exhibits in Excel and PowerPoint, as well as written commentary, for use in GPCA reports and ad hoc presentations
- Contributing to the ongoing improvement of GPCA’s data management systems
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in economics, finance, international affairs, statistics, mathematics, or similar
- Background in or knowledge of the Indian market
- Strong detail orientation and ability to focus on data-intensive, quantitative projects
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint preferred
- Full fluency in English and excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Two to three years of work experience, ideally in a data-intensive research, finance or international development capacity
- Strategic thinking, highly organized self-starting mentality and ability to work independently
- Interest in and strong desire to learn about private equity, venture capital, infrastructure, real estate and/or technology investing preferred
- Authorization to work in the United States (OPT accepted) or Singapore (permanent resident or citizen)
How to Apply:
No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Submit resume and cover letter to JSchlapinski@GPCapital.org (to the attention of Jeff Schlapinski, Managing Director, Research).
Note: Applicants that do not submit resume and cover letter directly to JSchlapinski@GPCapital.org will not be considered.