2022 MENA Data Insight
The global digital revolution has breathed new life into the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) private capital industry following a long stretch of low activity.
Additional analysis includes:
- A deep-dive into VC activity, which reached a record USD1.9b in capital invested in 1H 2022 despite a global tech slowdown
- A spotlight on healthcare, which has accounted for more PE deals in the region since 2020 than any other sector
- Outbound investment activity by Middle East sovereign wealth funds
- A look at how first-time VCs and Egypt-focused managers are driving fundraising for the region
- Top investors, funds, investments and exits in the region in 2021-1H 2022
GPCA members should use their member login to download an accompanying Excel Data Pack containing all underlying data, including a full list of funds reaching a close in 2021-1H 2022 and investments in 1H 2022.