In early 2011, Kaizen Venture Partners consolidated three distressed coffee processing companies under one holding company.
- Company Headquarters: Rwanda
- Business focus: Coffee processing
- Revenue: US$4.1 million (2012)
- KVP consolidated three distressed coffee processing companies, restructured their debt (enabling them to avoid bankruptcy) and provided working capital financing through equity injections, shareholder loans and third-party financing
- Under KVP’s leadership, investee companies increased production volumes and widened operating margins through new management expertise, improvements in raw material sourcing and quality control, tighter internal controls and hedging of raw materials prices
- With KVP’s assistance, investee companies have worked to increase coffee farmers’ yields through training in agronomy best practices coupled with both organic and non-organic fertilizer distribution