Metier co-founded Libstar in 2005 and has since acquired controlling stakes in more than 20 South African business in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) manufacturing and distribution sector.
- Company Headquarters: South Africa
- Business focus: Fast-moving consumer goods
- Revenue: ZAR3.5 billion
- Since 2006, Libstar has provided more than 20 manufacturing subsidiaries with expansion capital, more favorable borrowing terms, and professional business planning
- By negotiating volume rates on business services and raw material inputs and pooling working capital resources, Libstar businesses cut costs and reduced seasonal resource constraints
- Due to their association with Libstar, subsidiaries gained access to national and international retailing customers through new private label and contract manufacturing relationships
- Libstar has improved portfolio companies’ compliance with Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) criteria, increased employment, and spent more than ZAR9.5 million in training and community outreach in 2011