Citi Venture Capital International invested EUR20 million (US$26.4 million) in 2006 and EUR30 million (US$42.3 million) in 2008.
- Company Headquarters: Lithuania, Poland and broader Central and Eastern Europe (CEE)
- Business focus: Pharmaceuticals
- Revenue: US$125 million (FY 2011)
- CVCI Private Equity’s investment in Sanitas Group allowed the company to complete its acquisition of Polish drug maker Jelfa, S.A., adding more than 100 formulations to Sanitas’s product offering and giving the company a significant presence in Poland, Russia and Ukraine
- CVCI Private Equity supported Sanitas in its post- merger integration of Jelfa and helped the new company increase cross-selling, expand into five new CEE countries and more than double its rate of new product launches
- During Sanitas’s partnership with CVCI Private Equity, the company grew its workforce of skilled workers, improved its drug safety standards and increased its development of complex products for which patients have few affordable alternatives