Developing World Markets invested US$5.5 million for a majority stake in the company, with a follow-on investment of US$1.5 million.
- Company Headquarters: Cambodia
- Business focus: Financial Services
- Through its partnership with DWM, TPC was able to overcome a liquidity challenge linked to the global economic downturn by renegotiating the renewal of existing credit lines and securing new sources of local and international funding
- As a result of better loan officer training and a revamped loan approval process initiated by DWM, the quality of TPC’s loan portfolio improved significantly as the percentage of non-performing loans fell and an initial and sharp decline in its customer base was reversed
- To recover market share, TPC rolled out new lending products including agricultural and home improvement loans tailored to the firm’s repeat customers and farming clientele
- In partnership with foreign development groups, DWM spearheaded a financial literacy initiative aimed at cultivating its clients’ bookkeeping skills and preventing overindebtedness amongst borrowers