Legal & Regulatory Bulletin – Issue No. 27, Spring 2019
The latest edition of EMPEA’s Legal and Regulatory Bulletin explores a range of issues impacting private investment across the world (particularly, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa, China, the EU, and the US) and the implications of those issues for practitioners.
- Contributors take a deep-dive into new data protection regimes in Brazil
- Colombia’s new checks and balances on private fund governance
- Evolving routes of entry for foreign investors in India
- Alternative financing arrangements in the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia
- Political intervention in M&A in the EU, the US, and China
- Legal trends in private equity in Africa
- Evolving tools available for PE and VC players in Brazil’s upcoming privatization cycle
- Structuring balanced “key person” compensation using shares or their equivalent
- Paths to assist General Counsel/in-house counsel to understand the GDPR transfer concept and the various avenues for compliant transfers.