Legal & Regulatory Bulletin – Issue No. 28, Summer 2019
The latest edition of EMPEA’s Legal and Regulatory Bulletin explores a range of issues impacting private investment across the world (particularly, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa, China, the EU, and the US) and the implications of those issues for practitioners.
- When Does a Private Fund Manager’s “Fiduciary Duty” Require it to Consider ESG Issues?
- Emerging Markets Funds: Not in Kansas Anymore
- The Rise of Impact Investing: Making the Case to Fiduciary Managers
- Illiquidity in African Stock Markets A Challenge for Private Equity
- Nigeria: Deal Structuring Considerations under the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Act 2019
- Private Credit Strategies and the Brazilian Restructuring Law
- Addressing Impact Intentionality and Accountability in Fund Formation Documents: Trends and Challenges
- SEC “Concept Release” Explores Harmonizing Private Offering Exemptions
- Reviewing the Impact of Abraaj’s Collapse: Operational Due Diligence and Governance Structures
- SSE STAR Market and Registration-based IPO System: A New Path for Private Equity Exit