Legal & Regulatory Bulletin – Issue No. 29, June/July 2020
This issue of the EMPEA Legal and Regulatory Bulletin comes at a time when our industry and the markets where we invest are facing particular challenges due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
EMPEA members, including members of the Legal and Regulatory Council, have provided some of their insights and expertise to help fellow members navigate these challenges. We have included in this edition a breadth of perspectives and market coverage, including:
- COVID-19: Deliberations of a Private Fund LP
- By Mark Kenderdine-Davies, EMPEA Board Member and Legal and Regulatory Council Chair; Chief Legal Officer, CDC Group plc.
- Weathering the Storm: What Indian PE Fund Managers Should Consider
- By Pallabi Ghosal and Kashish Bhatia, Partners at AZB & Partners
- Fintech Investments: Regulatory Challenges in Asia, Africa, and Latin America
- By Natalie Stafford; Toby Thomas; Alice Shone; Francisco Ambrogi at S-RM
- Potential Trends Brought by COVID-19
- By Antonio Felix de Araujo Cintra and João Busin, Partners at TozziniFreire Advogados
- How Pre-Deal Due Diligence Investigating Is Changing with the COVID-19 Pandemic
- By Randal Phillips, Partner, Mintz Group
- An Overview of Select Markets’ Government Response to COVID-19 and State-Sponsored Relief Programs
This is not intended to be an exhaustive resource, but rather alert you to what trends fellow members are seeing and highlight the expertise that exists in our community to overcome the challenges and create opportunities.