The EMPEA Institute released three Impact Case Studies from the finalists of the 2016 Sustainability and Operational Excellence Challenge:
- Ganesha Ecosphere Ltd., a PET bottle waste recycling company in India that creates polyester staple fiber and yarn for further use
- General Partner: MCap Fund Managers, an India-focused multi-strategy private equity investment advisory firm
- Koba International Group S.A., a chain of hard discount retail stores operating in Colombia
- General Partner: The Abraaj Group, a private equity firm focused on global growth markets
- Umeme Company Limited, the largest electricity distribution company in Uganda
- General Partner: Actis, an investor in growth markets across Africa, Asia and Latin America
The EMPEA Institute winner of the 2016 Sustainability and Operational Excellence Challenge (“the Challenge”): MCap Fund Advisors. MCap was selected for its active management of Ganesha Ecosphere Ltd. by securing the most votes from a global audience of over 200 leading emerging market private capital investors convened at the EMPEA/FT Sustainable Investing in Emerging Markets leadership summit. The audience members voted for the firm that they believed best exemplified outstanding sustainable impact from an operational, environmental, social and governance perspective, following presentations delivered by the top three Challenges finalists.